Actions for Achieving the Goals:
There are many action items listed in the draft plan which can be accessed below. Some of the major initiatives include:
- Increase affordable housing
- Improve access and independence
- Protect the industrial and commercial land base
- Identify barriers to local economic development
- Protect the agricultural land base
- Recognize arts and culture as an economic driver
- Reduce resource use and waste
- Plan for climate change
- Improve growth management and reduce sprawl
- Integrate sustainability into decision-making.
A New Sustainability Checklist
The checklist may be used to evaluate municipal and development projects.It addresses the following areas:
- Growth management
- Sustainable community development
- Economic prosperity
- Environmental considerations
- Sustainable transportation
- Resource efficiency
- Climate adaptation
- Public engagement
Under each goal are actions and measures of success.
To read the draft ICSP and the goals and actions of the report, click
Please take this very short survey about the ICSP.
Have Your Say Day
Learn more about this topic and others and share your views:
Thursday, December 6, 2018
3 pm to 6:30 pm – drop in any time
Seaside Centre - 5790 Teredo St, Sechelt
Email email@example.com to share your thoughts before December 14, 2018.