The District of Sechelt recognizes the vital role non-profit and charitable organizations play in ensuring the social, cultural, and environmental well-being of our community. The District of Sechelt’s Community Investment Program provides financial assistance to community organizations to support programs, projects, services, and events that benefit the citizens of Sechelt.
2018 Funding Request Application deadline: TBD
The Community Investment Program is for registered not-for-profit and/or charity organizations whose mandate falls under one of the following sectors:
Arts, Culture & Recreation: Grants to organizations providing programs, projects, services and/or events that seek to preserve, celebrate and strengthen the local arts, culture and recreational opportunities for residents of Sechelt.
Social & Environmental: Grants to organizations providing programs, projects, services and/or events that respond to an environmental and/or social need in the community and contribute to creating a community that lives well and cares for the environment.
Community Development: Grants to organizations providing programs, projects, services and/or events that support and contribute to a diverse and resilient local community.ELIGIBILITY
Eligible organizations may apply for grants to fund one-time, new, recurring, and/or ongoing programs, projects, services, and events. To be eligible for a Community Investment Program Grant from the District of Sechelt, an Applicant must:
- Be a non-profit society in good standing with the Societies Act and/or a registered charitable organization in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Be requesting funds for a program, project, service, or event that will directly benefit the citizens of Sechelt.
- Have submitted a final report demonstrating appropriate use of funds for all previous projects funded through the District of Sechelt’s Community Investment Program.
- Major capital expenditures
- Commercial activities
- Deficit or debt repayment
- Fundraising projects or programs
- Private or invitation-only events
- Prizes or awards
- Expenses associated with activities and programs that are clearly the responsibility of other governments or government agencies