Sechelt has separate pickup days for Garbage and Recycling.
Recycling is picked up bi-weekly on Mondays. Check the Zone map in the Curbside Pickup Calendar to determine when your pickup day will occur.
Garbage is picked up weekly on either Tuesdays or Fridays depending on your neighbourhood. See the schedule below for additional Information.
- Is limited to ONE STANDARD (80L) GARBAGE CAN PER HOUSEHOLD, no heavier than 20kgs (44lbs)
- Extra cans / bags will require garbage tags
- Garbage tags can be purchased from the Direct Disposal (604-885-4246) or from the Municipal Office.
- $2 per tag for houses and units in mobile home parks
- Make sure the tag is easily visible on the bag / can
Residential Garbage Pickup Schedule
(Place garbage outside by 8am)
Note: Garbage will be picked up as usual
on all Statutory Holidays, except for
Sechelt and Pender Harbour landfills no longer accept electronic waste (includes TVs, computers, monitors, etc.).
Residents are encouraged to take their electronic waste to the approved public drop off facility at Gibsons Recycling, 1018 Venture Way, Gibsons (free of charge).
District-wide Residential Curbside Recycling
This program provides single family residences in the District's garbage collection area with curbside collection of recyclables (using the blue bins provided). Contact Direct Disposal at (604) 885-4246 if you have any questions about the program.
Download the 2017/2018 Curbside Recycling Program brochure.
The Sunshine Coast Regional District has relocated the Sechelt Recycling Depot to Salish Soils on Black Bear Road in East Porpoise Bay.