The District of Sechelt's Arts, Culture and Heritage Plan acts as a guide to the support of our diverse cultural communities in Sechelt. Beginning in 2015 the District of Sechelt is undertaking a review of its Arts, Culture and Heritage Plan.
In 1997, the District of Sechelt Council adopted a Policy for arts and culture in Sechelt (Council Policy 1.1.6 Importance of Arts and Culture). The following year, an Arts and Culture Plan Advisory Committee was appointed and tasked with developing an Arts and Culture Plan for the District of Sechelt. This Plan was revised in 2007 and again in 2011. The District of Sechelt has also recognized the importance of arts, culture and heritage in its Official Community Plan (Bylaw 492), and in its 2015-2018 Strategic Plan.
Seeking input from the community will be vital as we set priorities for investment in arts, culture and heritage over the next five years. The District of Sechelt provided multiple opportunities for local residents to suggest ideas and feedback. Here were some ways we gathered feedback:
- With surveys distributed online & in-person
- Via online Twitter conversation @SecheltBC and #SecheltCulture
- At the Trail Bay Mall pop-Up booth (Nov. 10, 2016)
- At the Municipal Hall pop-up booth (Dec. 8 & 18, 2015)
- During Culture Days at the Sunshine Coast Arts Centre (Sept. 26 & 27, 2015)
Siobhán Smith, Arts, Culture + Communications Coordinator
District of Sechelt
5797 Cowrie St, 2nd Floor
Sechelt, BC V0N 3A0
(604) 740-8476 firstname.lastname@example.org