Official results were announced by the Chief Election Officer at 2pm on Wednesday October 19, 2022.
Official results are also now available on the Civic Info BC website. Simply click on the website and click on "Election Results".
Mayor: HENDERSON, John (1,399 votes)
- TOTH, Alton (2,100 votes)
- ROWE, Brenda ((1,777 votes)
- BELL, Donna (1,558 votes)
- INKSTER, Darren (1,520 votes)
- SHEPHERD, Adam (1,498 votes)
- McLAUCHLAN, Dianne (1,370 votes)
The new council will be sworn in at the Inaugural Meeting Wednesday November 2, 2022, 7pm at the Sechelt Seniors Activity Centre, 5604Trail Avenue. The meeting is open to the public and light refreshments will be served.
2022 Sechelt Municipal Election - Nomination period begins August 30
- 1 Mayor
- 6 Councillors
- 3 School Trustees
Advance Voting Opportunities - October 5 and 11, 8am to 8pm
- Sechelt Library/Municipal Hall, main floor, 5797 Cowrie Street
General Voting Day - October 15, 2022, 8am to 8pm
- Davis Bay Elementary, 5078 Davis Bay Road
- Sechelt Seniors Activity Centre, 5604 Trail Avenue
- West Sechelt Elementary, 5609 Mason Road
Vote by Mail Ballot
- You are allowed to vote by mail if you are qualified and registered as a resident elector (you live in Sechelt), or if you are a non-resident property elector (you own property in Sechelt)
- Complete the Mail Voting Application form and return to the District of Sechelt office by hand delivery, mail, fax or email before October 13, 2022.
- Your application must be received at the District office no later than 4pm on Thursday October 13, 2022.
- Note that the standard delivery for regular mail sent inside Canada is two business days for local mail, three business days within the province, 4 business days for national mail.
- Upon receiving an application to vote by mail, the District of Sechelt will begin sending out mail ballot packages on or about September 28, 2022.
Public Notifications - Coast Reporter
Chief Election Officer
Deputy Chief Election Officer