This page last updated: January 13, 2021
The Public Health Agency of Canada is continually reassessing the pandemic as new information becomes available and residents are encouraged to stay up-to-date by regularly visiting the Federal and Provincial links on the left side of this page.
Following the advice from the Ministry of Health and the BCCDC, residents are also reminded and encouraged to take the following steps to stay healthy and prevent the spread of infections:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- wear a mask in all public indoor spaces
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people - maintain a 2 metre distance
- self isolate for 14 days if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
- Social gatherings not permitted under current health orders - this includes vacation accommodations
- only socialize with people from your own household and stay home as much as possible
Sechelt Municipal Facilities OPEN
Municipal Hall - Open for payments only. 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. Masks must be worn.
In compliance with WorkSafe BC the District of Sechelt has a posted Safety Plan for the Municipal Hall.
All meetings with staff are by email, video-conference, and telephone only.
Staff will respond to phone calls and emails during regular hours, 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday
Staff will be working from home, where possible.
- Visitor Information Centre closed
- Public washrooms in parks open from 7am to 9pm and cleaned once daily
- All fields closed to large events
- Playgrounds are open
- Sechelt Public Library - open reduced hours. Check with the library for updates.
- Council meetings will continue but will be accessible by watching on You Tube and submitting questions to email@example.com
- Facilities (Rockwood Lodge, Mission Point House, Seaside Centre) - Open for booking for business purposes only. Social gatherings not permitted under current health orders. firstname.lastname@example.org. Reduced capacity limits in place to ensure physical distancing.
The municipality continues to monitor the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its potential impacts on the community and is making some operational changes to manage the situation. The District is in regular contact with Provincial Health Authorities, Emergency Management BC, and Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Municipal services will continue as usual.
- Garbage pick up continues on regularly scheduled days. Download the Sechelt Citizen App (available at iTunes or Google Play) for updates. Waste Management requests that all household garbage be carefully bagged to limit exposure to employees. Please wear gloves or wash your hands after handling your waste bins to avoid 'shaking hands' with your sanitation workers.
No public events scheduled at this time.
* * *
Further updates on the situation with the District of Sechelt operations will be shared with the community will be posted to the District website and shared through news releases, the Sechelt Citizen App (available at iTunes or Google Play) and social media. For information on the pandemic, citizens are encouraged to visit the Vancouver Coastal Health or BC Center for Disease Control websites.