In 2020, the District of Sechelt was awarded a grant from the Canada-B.C. Safe Restart Fund to deal with increased operating costs and lower revenue due to COVID-19. The District of Sechelt will be distributing some of this funding to local non-profit and charitable organizations that provide core community services to vulnerable populations. This funding is a one-time initiative that will only be available in 2021.
To be eligible for a COVID-19 Safe Restart grant, an organization must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Be a registered charity and/or registered not-for-profit in good standing;
- Provide core community services to vulnerable populations* in the District of Sechelt;
- Demonstrate a financial need by providing financial information signed by the organization’s Accountant, Auditor, or Treasurer;
- Submit a request for funding using the application form provided by the District of Sechelt; and
- If awarded a grant, the organization must submit a narrative and financial report outlining the use of funds.
*Vulnerable Populations means economically disadvantaged or otherwise vulnerable individuals including seniors, children, or individuals with disabilities. This definition was provided by the Province of BC in the document “COVID-19 Essential Services” available online at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/essential-services
Expenses must be directly related to the delivery of core community services for vulnerable populations. For a complete list, please refer to the COVID-19 Safe Restart Grant Policy.
Eligible organizations may submit one (1) application for funding using the form provided on this page and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to read through the COVID-19 Safe Restart Grant Policy before beginning their application. The deadline for applications is 4:30pm, Monday, July 5, 2021.
Click here to download a fillable PDF application form
Click here to download a PDF copy of Council Policy 2.5.7 – COVID-19 Safe Restart Grant for Non-Profits and Charities
Questions may be directed to Siobhan Smith via email at email@example.com or by phone at 604.989.0804