The Sechelt Airport is an opportunity for business development on the Sunshine Coast. Recent improvements include:
- The total runway length of 944m (3,100 ft) was resurfaced in June 2021.
- Coming in the summer of 2021: Installation of Precision Approach Path Indicator Lights System (PAPIS) to replace the old obsolete lights. The new lighting allows the pilot to adjust the brightness to suit weather conditions and they are LED lights which provide cost savings in both power and maintenance.
The Sechelt Airport is an asset for the whole coast.
- It provides easy access to the coast for tourists and investors.
- Providing fast delivery of needed supplies for local businesses and healthcare when timing is crucial.
- Allows local businesses to have access to a wider market.
- Viable airports are attractive to investors.
- On the Coast we have consultants who serve a global market and we have businesses that require consultants or specialized services from time to time. The airport allows them to get in and out quickly.
- Some industries (like banking and legal) require original documents and they need them delivered quickly. The airport serves them well. Extending the runway means more planes can land and take off from here which increases its usefulness.
The airport lands are home to several local businesses and there is room for more.
Land Lease Inquiries: