Current Condition & Closure Report
Hackett Park – OPEN
Picadilly Park – OPEN
Lower Kinnikinnick – OPEN
Upper Kinnikinnick – OPEN
The District of Sechelt has conditionally approved reopening sports fields on Friday July 17, 2020, under the following conditions. These conditions are put in place to allow people to play their sports as safely as possible. Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the field use permit being revoked without refund of any fees and/or persons banned from District facilities.
The following checklist outlines documents required for submission to the District:
- Completed Field Use Application
- Payment of all appropriate fees and damage deposit
- Certificate of Liability Insurance with additional understanding/acknowledgment of current policies in relation to contagion coverage
- League safety plan which adheres to the District of Sechelt Safety Plan and any national/provincial league guidelines specific to your organization
- Confirmation of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) review of league safety plan
- Signed copy of the Covid-19 Addendum to Facility Use Agreement/Licence
In addition, each league is required to maintain records of the following:
- Participation Agreements (template) – must be signed by all athletes (parent or guardian if athlete is under age 18), coaches, members, volunteers, participants, and family members of participants while in attendance at league activities
- Attendance/sign in forms with contact information for each event
- Acknowledgement that the League Safety plan has been circulated to all participants as well as posted at the ball diamonds
- Any waivers provided by your specific national league must be completed
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, our fields are open for our citizens to use but we caution users to not gather in groups and maintain a physical distance of 2 metres.
Note: Fields can not be used during freezing weather conditions.
Please practice in end-zones and side lines and preserve the pitch areas for games. Please ensure sandbags are on the goals.
Sport Fields, Diamonds and Courts
Sports related user groups requiring the use of a Municipal park must first make application for use using the Park Use Application - Sporting Groups Only form. Organizations wanting to hold an event in a Municipal park are required to fill in the Application for Mobile Vendors/Special Events or Parade/Road Closure Permit Form. Guidelines on Event and Parade Permits can be found on the Events and Facility Booking page.
All events must be in adherence with the Parks Bylaw No. 116, 1990.
Kinnikinnick Park (2)
Hackett Park (2)
Kinnikinnick Park (4)
Picadilly Park (1)
Hackett Park (2)