Join the Committee of the Whole meetings to watch presentations from each department and participate at the question and answer session following the meeting. Check out the agendas for more information and the calendar for links to join.
Public participation sessions are scheduled for noon on the Monday following each committee of the whole meeting so Council can hear from you. Two evening public participations sessions are also planned:
- Wed Jan 27: Committee of the Whole - Sewer Capital and Operating Requests
- Mon Feb 8, 12pm: Public Participation - Sewer Capital and Operating requests
- Wed Feb 10, 3pm: Committee of the Whole - Operational Budget requests from Administration, Airport, Building Inspection, Bylaw Enforcement, Communications, Community Services, Corporate Services, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology and Planning and Development
- Tues Feb 16, 12pm: Public participation session on topics from Feb 10 Committee meeting.
- Mon Feb 22, 7:30 - 8:30pm: Public participation session - general discussion
- Wed Feb 24, 3pm: Committee of the Whole - Operating Budget requests for Engineering, Public Works, Parks
- Mon March 1, 12pm: Public participation session on topics from Feb 24 Committee meeting
- Wed March 10, 3pm: Committee of the Whole - Tourism, Library, RCMP, One-time and New Operating requests, Capital budget requests
- Mon March 15, 12pm: Public participation on topics from March 10 Committee meeting
- Wed March 24, 3pm: Committee of the Whole - Capital Budget requests
- Mon March 29, 7:30 - 8:30pm: Public participation - Capital budget requests
- Wed March 31, 3pm: Special Committee of the Whole - Capital budget requests and deliberation
- Tues April 6, 12pm: Public participation session on topics from March 31 Committee meeting
- Wed April 14, 3pm: Special Committee of the Whole - Capital budget requests and deliberation
Council will continue budget deliberations into April, with the final 2021 Budget and Five Year Financial Plan to be adopted before May 15, per the Community Charter. Special Committee of the Whole Meetings may be scheduled if additional time is needed.
Other ways to Have Your Say:
- Click on the department links above to take the budget surveys.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call and ask to speak to a member of the budget team 604-885-1986