The District of Sechelt restricts non-essential use of pesticides and herbicides to protect environmental and community health.
Products allowed under District of Sechelt Pesticide Bylaw No. 441, 2007
- Insecticidal and herbicidal soaps
- Mineral, dormant or horticultural oil
- Silicon dioxide
- Boracic/boric acid (Borax)
- Ferric phosphate
- Acetic or fatty acids
- Pyrethrum or pyrethrins
- Sulphur (Copper sulphate or Lime sulphur)
1. Consult the District of Sechelt in advance, abide by all Pesticide Bylaw requirements, such as post notices,
seek permission of neighbouring property owner, obey setbacks from public areas and waterways, etc.
2. Use the services of a licenced pesticide/herbicide applicator or firm.
Natural garden pest control as well as non-toxic and homemade remedies can be found in the Guide to Natural Lawn & Garden Care brochure which can be picked up at the District office.