Short Term Rental

Renting of accommodation on a residentially zoned property for periods of less than 30 days, in situations other than a Bed and Breakfast operation, is considered a short term rental.

In January 2005, the District introduced regulations and licencing for short term rental operations.  These regulations were developed to set conditions for renting of cottages/vacation properties that also help protect the quality of life in residential neighbourhoods.

If you operate a short term rental in the District of Sechelt, you require a licence.  The application form and the Schedule to the Business Licence Bylaw applicable to short term rentals are availble on this website and at the District Office.

To apply for a licence, the completed application form, the licence fee and the security deposit must be delivered to the District Office.