Insurance, Special Events Permit and Responsible Beverage Program Information

MIABC Event Policy portal

Special Events Permit

Special Event Permits (SEP) are available to event hosts who wish to provide temporary or infrequent liquor service at events such as family gatherings, private functions, community festivals and manufacturer tastings.

A Special Event Permit, permits the host to serve or sell liquor at an event in accordance with BC’s liquor laws and regulations. Event hosts are considered liquor permittees and are responsible for the safety of their guests.

All individuals hosting or serving liquor at an SEP event – including family events - are required to complete a Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) training program.

Special Events Server (for events with less than 500 people)

Serving It Right (for events with more than 500 attendees)